To be eligible for the program, an applicant must:
- Be a student enrolled at one of the partner institutions (Columbus State University, Columbus Technical College, Georgia Southwestern University, Abraham Baldwin Agricultural College or Valdosta State University)
- Pursue an associate, undergraduate, or graduate degree in an LSAMP approved science, technology, engineering, or mathematics (STEM) discipline
- Be a U.S. Citizen or permanent resident with a documented qualifying condition (see application for types of conditions)
- Have a minimum 2.5 high school/college HOPE GPA or GED score 145
- Funding to supplement your education through stipends, professional conferences and undergraduate research opportunities
- Become a member of a select community of undergraduate URM STEM scholars with access to a supportive network of professionals and mentors to help you achieve excellence in STEM courses and beyond in an environment that promotes inclusion in STEM.
- Hands on STEM experiences that includes research training and participation in supervised research projects, interactions with STEM industries and URM STEM professionals to not only provide guidance, but an understanding of what it takes to become a successful professional in STEM
- GRE preparation and guidance into graduate school alongside of career planning and professional development activities that will outline a pathway towards your STEM career
Applicants will need:
- A Personal Statement - 2500 characters or less, describe your career goals, why you would like to be an LSAMP Scholar, and how the program will help you achieve your career goals.
- Two References - One must be a science instructor/faculty member and the second can be of the applicants choosing. Information for references includes:
- Recommender's Name
- Email address